Monday, June 15, 2009

TEST PRINTS ET AL

The past few weeks have been very busy for me since I had to focus on finishing the printing and packaging of my latest deck project. Plus, my internet was down for some time because of the storms here. Anyway, yesterday, I did a test print of some of the cards just to see whether the light-dark tones were ok. It's because my monitor's crappy and it shows them as really dark images. Surprisingly, the tones look ok. A lot of details are still visible even if there's all that dark feel. I'm especially liking the later cards I did. I feared they might end up looking like they were made with some computer pose-generating software, but they looked ok. My only mistake was that I used files which have a 150 dpi resolution (but I have high-res versions of the images), so I'm not sure if the mottled look was due to the resolution, or because of either the brush or texture I used. I myself am ok with this, since it adds to the old and aged feel. My only worry is that people might think it's due to poor quality instead of the result (partially indirect though it may be) of an aesthetic approach

1 comment:

  1. Hey, are you still alive?
    I saw your post on the aeclectic tarot forums while I was looking for a Philippine Tarot group of sorts, too.
    I'm a reader, I have a couple of friends who are also readers, maybe we could at least just meet each other sometime?

    ReplyDelete