Sunday, April 12, 2009

Twos

(please click the image to view the bigger version)

Notice the fuller, more solid colours in these four cards. My favourite of these four are the 2 of Swords and the 2 of Cups. Sadly, 2 of Wands still looks a bit CG, so I dunno. Maybe I'll edit it, but after the all the cards have had their turn. I also have to make the images look a little less blotchy; maybe lessen the "effects" I put in them.

The thing is, I get self-conscious about "dirtying" my digital works most of the time, because I'm not too fond of too clean, neat, smooth digital art. Makes it look a bit metallic to me. Don't get me wrong, there are wonderful example of this. I guess it's just the difference between one's preferred personal style and the style one appreciates from others. In poser intellectual mumbo jumbo parlance: a disparity can and oftentimes does exist between one's internal and external aesthetic sensibilities. You can appreciate haute couture, maybe even keep posters of them, but I doubt you'd wear them at work (not unless you're a supermodel and you do wear them at work!).

No comments:

Post a Comment